We usually get a lot of queries from Mac users related offline printer issue. The usual question they ask is ‘Why is my Canon printer offline on Mac? How do I fix it?’.
People explain to us that although their printer is well connected to their Mac system. But whenever they try to print something, they get to see ‘Canon printer offline’ error.
We felt bound to write this post to educate our clients a little about fixing the offline printer issue. We assure you will find this guide to be easy to understand. As we will be explaining all, tested, and tried fixes that could help you in the same situation.
So here is a detailed troubleshooting guide on ‘fixing Canon Printer Offline on Mac issue.’ Read this post till last you can get your printer back online on Mac and can resume your printing jobs.
Here are a few related query strings that people Google about the offline printer on Mac problem:
- Wireless Printer Status Offline on Mac
- How to Get My Printer Back on a Mac When It Is Offline
- Why is my Canon printer offline? How do I fix it?
- How to Get Canon Printer Online on MAC?
- Canon printer offline
- Canon printer suddenly offline
Troubleshooting Canon Printer Offline on Mac
When there is some communication problem between your Mac and the printer, the ‘printer offline’ error keeps popping up.
Try these easy troubleshooting steps one by one to fix your canon printer offline on mac issue at your own. Keep trying these tricks one after another until your issue gets resolved.
Check the Connections
The first thing you are supposed to do is to check your printer connectivity with your system.
Checking the Wired connectivity
- Start with checking the wired connection.
- Make sure USB cable is well seated in both the printer as well as in your Mac USB ports. Next, do the following:
- Turn off your printer.
- Turn off your Mac system.
- Pull out the USB cable to disconnect the printer from the system.
- Reboot your Mac and turn on the printer as well.
- Connect both with the help of USB cable.
- Make sure USB is placed well in both the ports.
The printer will start printing If there are any pending printing commands. Let the printer complete the unfinished jobs.
Checking the wireless connectivity
If your printer didn’t turn back online even after re-settling the wired connectivity. Then you should proceed and check the wireless connections of your network. To check, do the following:
- Restart your router by turning off/on the power supply.
- Reboot your Mac system as well.
- Wait until the connectivity light on the router becomes stable.
- Also, let the mac system reboot completely.
- Once Mac is ready to work; click on the Apple icon.
- Select the ‘System Preferences’
- Click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
If you see and can choose your printer in the device list, that means your printer is connected and back online.
In case you didn’t find your printer name in the list then your network connection is the culprit. It is your wireless connection that is causing a problem for your printer working. In such a situation call our canon printer support team at +1 888-480-0288 (USA/Canada)
Remove another connected printer
Connecting more than one printers to your system could be another reason to get you an “Offline Printer error on Mac’.
The same printer added with different names in your system may also confuse the system. To straighten up the things; do the following:
- Check in your “Printer & Scanner” window.
- For the time being remove all other connected printers.
- Delete all the multiple icons created for your (preferred) canon printer.
- Choose your printer and set it to ‘default.’
The Canon printer offline error will shoo away until now.
If your printer is still showing offline and you can’t do any further printing job. Then proceed to the next troubleshooting trick.
Re-Add the Printer
If you have installed any recent update on your Mac or have installed any new application. The configuration of existing applications may get affected.
It is difficult to figure out any such change happened to your printer configuration. But the bad effect may result in showing up Canon printer offline on Mac system.
Removing and re-adding your printer back to Mac, sometimes works to get back your printer online. Here is what you should do:
- Remove your printer from “Printer & Scanner.”
- Click on the “+” plus to add your Canon printer again.
- Choose the ‘printer’ option and again click on the “Add” option.
- Select your printer or Airprint.
Once added it would show as idle in your list. Try giving a new printing command.
Still seeing your canon printer offline on Mac? Call our toll-free canon support US number +1 888-480-0288, to get instant help!!
Reset Apple’s Printing System
Your network settings may affect your printing system configurations. Reset your printing system once to get everything settle-back in working mode. Do the following:
- Click on the main Apple menu.
- Choose ‘System Preferences’ option.
- Go to “Printer & scanner.”
- In the left panel, right click and choose ‘Reset Printing System.’
- When asked; type in the username and password.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Wait until the printer list becomes clean.
- Re-add your printer (Scroll-up and check previous section).
If none of these described troubleshooting tricks works and you still find your canon printer offline on Mac. Then you need an advanced troubleshooting help to fix this issue. Call our certified printer technicians to get your canon printer back online on Mac.
Dial our printer support toll-free number US +1 888-480-0288 and +44 800-041-8324 for the UK!!