Installing any printer without a CD is not such a crucial task. Same is with Canon printers. There could be only two reasons; that could make you explore the land on this post:
- Losing your printer CD
- No CD Reader on your system.
Well, whatever your reason is- Hardly matters. This blog will make you learn about How to Install Canon Printer Without a CD?
Having little know-how can make you get out of this panic. All you need is just your printer’s USB cable. Yes, just a common thing and all your canon installation errors will be sorted out. You can use the USB cable to install a Canon printer, even without a CD
The happy news is you can follow this method on both Windows and Mac systems. Whatever OS you are using you can get canon printer working on it.
Moving further, let us take up installing canon printer study on Windows & Mac; one by one.
Installing Canon Printer Without a CD on Windows
If you are a windows user. This section is for you. We will explain in detail about How to Install Canon Printer on windows system Without a CD?
Lousy installation of printer could be the one reason for many canon printer errors. Do the following to get your canon printing working on windows system.
- Take out your printer USB cable.
- Connect your windows system with the printer with the help of this USB cable.
- Turn on your printer. Wait until the printer completes its initial setup process.
- You may get a notification from windows system about detecting the attached hardware. You can click on this message to complete the installation process.
- Else go to start Menu> programs> control Panel> printers & scanners.
- Click on “Add a Printers or Scanners” option.
- Choose your printer’s name. If you do not see your printer name, contact the Canon Printer Customer Service.
- A printer installation window will show up.
- Follow all on-screen given instruction.
- Sit back and wait. You will get a success message when the installation will be done.
- Once completed, you could use your canon printer on windows system.
To ensure you did it right. Try giving a print command. If it prints, then you are all done.
Ask for any Canon Printer Not Responding help!! Get your printer back to the job!! Dial Canon Printer Customer Service Number USA/Canada: +1 888-480-0288 & UK: +44 800-041-8324.
Installing Canon Printer Without a CD on Mac
Using a USB cable on Mac; you can install your Canon printer even if you do not have its installation CD. Following the below-given steps will help you to install canon printer quickly.
You do not need to be technical to fix your common Mac issues. Canon printer offline on Mac is one such routine issue. Installing your printer correctly can resolve many of such timely glitches. Let’s dive in to learn the details of this job.
Tip: Before taking up this job, ensure your canon printer model is compatible with your Mac.
- Place your printer and Mac system close enough.
- Use the printer USB to connect both devices. Ensure USB cable gets well seated in their respective ports.
IMPORTANT: The latest Mac computers don’t come with traditional USB ports. They have quite smaller individual USB-C ports — these works to connect any USB cable to your Mac. If you to have such Mac, you need to have that USB-to-USB-C Apple adapter.
- Now, turn On your printer.
- A screen-prompt will come up with the “Install” option in it.
- Mac automatically detects any attached printers. You will also get any notification to install or update printer software.
- Go through all on-screen installation steps.
- Follow the displayed instructions carefully.
After a little while, you get the success message on your Mac screen.
To get Canon Printer Driver Installed
There is one more related concern; that you should know. And that is having the correct printer driver on your system. You should understand that every printer model ha sits own printer driver for Mac and windows.
If you have installed canon printer before on your system, then you can re-install it even without CD. But in case you have not installed your printer before then you need to get the printer driver first. For that, you could either use printer CD or official canon website.
We have initiated this discussion when you do not have your printer CD. The option left for you is to get it online. Do the following:
- Make sure the system has internet access.
- Go to the official canon website.
- Explore for your printer model number.
- Download printer driver for your model.
- Run the saved file to install the driver on your system.
Hopefully, now you can install your canon printer quickly. In case you got stuck and couldn’t complete the job. Then you should contact Canon Printer Support team.
Dial the toll-free numbers USA/Canada: +1 888-480-0288 & UK: +44 800-041-8324 to reach the Canon Printer Customer Service. Get all canon printer errors fixed !!