Canon Printer in Error State is not a weird situation for its users. For various known and unknown reasons, printers go in an error state and stop responding. However, “Canon printer error state” is the most complicated and vague one as you have no clear idea of what exactly you have to deal with.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t fix this error. There are some tried and tested troubleshooting steps to fix this Canon Error.
This post will be describing all those measures so that you can try to resolve the “Canon printer error state.” and continue the printing job on your printer.
Let’s start learning!!
Easy Fixes to Resolve the Canon Printer Error State
Solution1: Restart your Printer
Giving a power break to your printer resolves many printer errors. Seldom rebooting your printer can do miracles. Simultaneously, you should also review all the wired/wireless connections on your Canon printer.
Any disconnected USB wire could be the reason for “Canon printer in error state” error. To restart the Canon printer, do the following:
- Turn off your printer.
- Pull out the power supply cable.
- Open the printer front/the main cover.
- Let the printer rest and cool for some time (at least 10-15) minutes.
- Do not touch/disturb the printer during rest time.
- Now, close the cover, attach the power cable and turn it On.
- Wait until printer does its initial set up job.
Re-check the printer status; it will get back on the job.
Solution2: Examine Paper Loading Tray & Papers
Examining paper loading tray status is also imperative. For any dislodged or cracked loading tray, your canon printer can go offline or you got a Canon Printer Paper jam issue and ultimately your printer is in the error state.
- Start with checking if there are a sufficient number of papers loaded in the Printer’s paper tray.
- Do not forget to turn off the printer before commencing with inspecting the loading tray thing.
- Take your time to check all aspects of papers and loading tray.
- Restart your printer to see if the error message still exists.
Move on to try the next troubleshooting step, if you still see Canon printer in error state.
Need help with Canon Printer Setup? Reach to Canon Printer Helpline at their toll free numbers: USA/Canada: +1-888-480-0288 & UK: +44-800-041-8324
Solution 3: Add Your Printer To A Wi-fi Network Again
For wireless Canon printer users; you need to setup canon printer with your wireless network to perform. While your printer is in error state; you should disconnect and reconnect your printer to the wi-fi connection. Do the following:
- Restart your printer and wi-fi network (modem, router, and system)
- Go to main settings on your printers.
- Choose the “Wi-fi network” settings.
- Scroll up/down to select your wi-fi network name.
- As per the security settings, provide the correct login details.
- After a few seconds, you will get to see the message stating your printer is now connected to the wi-fi network.
Again it’s time to see if the error state message is gone away or not? Hopefully, it does. If it still exists; keep reading to learn more troubleshooting trick.
Unable to connect the Canon printer to wifi? Click here to get detailed instructions on how to do this.
Solutions4: Uninstall and reinstall Canon Printer Driver
Corrupted or obsolete printer drivers can drag you in many unexpected printer errors. Many canon printer errors do not directly demand the updating driver but get resolved when user do it.
even in this situation; Installing the updated Canon printer driver can get you rid of “Canon Printer in Error State.” Do the following
- Go to your system control panel>programs.
- Look for” Canon printer driver” folder.
- Right-click and “Uninstall” it from your system.
- After it is completely removed, now reinstall the driver.
- Either use the driver CD that you got along with your printer or go to the official Canon website to get the latest driver downloaded.
Once done with all uninstalling and installing driver process; restart your printer and the computer. Most probably you won’t see “Canon Printer in Error state” message again.
If you still find Canon Printer Offline status, then Contact Us. Get expert technician’s advice to resolve Canon printer wi-fi connectivity issues and other related problems.
Dial The Canon Printer Support Phone Number: USA/Canada: +1 888-480-0288 & UK: +44 800-041-8324.