Canon printer ink cartridge not recognized? Well, don’t panic. “Ink cartridge cannot be recognized” is a regular error faced by printer users.
Getting this message demands immediate action to resolve the issue as it drags you in “printer not working” condition. It is simple to understand that you won’t be able to print anything until you fix this cartridge error.
There are various possible practical solutions to this problem. Of course, most of these solutions are related to cartridge only. But there is another possibility of any problem with the printer’s internal hardware as well.
Read this post carefully to learn six easy fixes to resolve “Ink Cartridges Not Recognized” error on Canon printer.
Fix 1: Replace the Cartridges while Removing First
Receiving “Ink Cartridges Cannot Be Recognized” errors indicates your Canon printer is not able to detect your cartridges presence. It may be because they are not rightly ticked in their place. To get these in place; remove and reinstall them one by one correctly. Do the following:
- Turn off the printer entirely while pulling out the power cord.
- Open the printer cover and allow it to cool for some time.
- Remove the cartridges one by one and keep aside.
- Now, replace them all one after another; ensure you get to hear the “tick” sound.
- Close the printer cover and turn it on.
- Now, press the ‘Ink’ button on your Canon printer.
Check if the printer still displays the error or not? If you read “Charging ink’ status on display; your issue is fixed. Even if you see no message displayed on the screen, that means you can resume with your printing job.
Fix 2: Ignore the Cartridge Error
Whenever you use re-manufactured cartridges; printer tends not to recognize those. Even if the cartridges are filled enough; printer may give you low ink error.
In any such situation; you can simply ignore the error and can resume with your printing jobs.
- Ignore the error message and close the dialogue box.
- Press the “Ink” button on your printer.
- Give the printing command.
Your printer will start printing for you. For any further technical canon printer help, call us.
Need to Know why your canon printer goes offline? Call the experts to get immediate help!! Dial the toll-free Canon printer customer service number: USA/Canada: +1 888-480-0288 & UK: +44 800-041-8324.
Fix 3: Check the Ink Levels
You can’t rule out the possibility of low ink levels in your cartridges. Printer when detects this situation may give “Canon printer ink cartridge not recognized” error stating low ink levels.
- You can check the ink level in each cartridge.
- You can go to printer settings to check the ink levels.
- If required refill or replace the needed cartridge.
- Restart your printer and press the “Ink” button.
Good chances are there that your printer will get back to printing job. If the error persists, move to the next trick.
Fix 4: Peel Off the Cartridges Protective Strips
There is a possibility that you forgot to peel off the protective strip from the cartridge while inserting it. This issue has been observed many a time until now.
In such a situation, the printer couldn’t recognize the inserted cartridge and may end up in showing “Ink Cartridges Cannot Be Recognized” error.
Anyhow, nothing serious about it. Just check the newly inserted cartridge and remove the protective strip if its still on the cartridge.
Fix 5: Factory Reset Your Canon Printer
If nothing from the previous suggestions works for you; as a last resort, you can reset your canon printer. Rolling back your printer to its factory default settings can let it work without any glitches. To factory reset canon printer, do the following:
- Turn on your printer and go to the main menu on the printer display.
- Use arrow keys to select the “Setup menu.”
- Choose the “Device Settings” option.
- Click on the “Reset settings” option.
- Press “OK” to let your printer start the process.
Check out the detail guide on how to hard reset canon printer.
Wait for a little until the printer completes its job. Restart the printer and see to check if the error is still displaying or not? Most probably it will go away.
For any more technical support, you can contact the online printer support help desk. The certified canon technicians can lead you suitably according to your printer issues. Dial the toll-free printer support phone number: USA/Canada: +1 888-480-0288 & UK: +44 800-041-8324